Wood / Blend
After final blending of all the components the wine were transferred to 100% new oak barrels where it matured for 36 months for all the flavours and tannins to integrate. 80% French, 15% American and 5% Hungarian oak barrels were used for the maturation. The wine also spent 9 months in the bottle prior to release.
Shiraz: 89 % Mourvèdre: 8% Viognier: 3 %
The deep maroon centre is complemented with strong plum, oak and spicy tones. A bouquet of bell pepper, caramel and vanilla leaps out of the glass. The wine has a very soft front palate and fruity, but firm, mid palate with a fresh and long after taste. The Shiraz provides this blend with typical red fruit and spicy flavours, the Mourvèdre provides berry and fresh herbal aromas and the Viognier complements the overall aromatic sensation and softness to accompany the wood.
- Platter’s Wine Guide 2018 – 4 stars
- Gilbert & Gaillard International Challenge 2018 – Gold
- International Organic Wine Award 2018 – Gold
- Drinks Business Organic Masters 2018 – Gold
- Veritas 2018 – Goud
- SA Wine Index 2018 – Platinum
- Novare SA Terroir Wine Awards 2018 – Top Red Blend Winner
- Michelangelo Wine & Spirits Awards 2018 – Double Gold
- IWSC 2018 – Gold & Trophy Best Organic Wine in the World